|We did get some sunshine, just in time for the Cherry Blossom festival in Japantown this weekend.|
|Team Mead-Long, aprons on, hard at work in the kitchen.|
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
4 heads of garlic
Course sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Trim the artichokes. Cut off the bottom part of the stem, and about the top 1/4 (which is inedible) of the artichoke.
- You will want to wrap each artichoke in aluminim foil and may want to prepare it over the foil, so you don't lose a lot of the toppings.
- Cover each artichoke in about 1 TBL of EVOO. Make sure to get it between the leaves of the artichoke.
- Peel the garlic and slice each piece in half. Insert the four pieces into the artichoke.
- Cover the artichoke in lemon juice from half a lemon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, wrap in the aluminim foil, and cook for about an hour and fifteen minutes.