|We did get some sunshine, just in time for the Cherry Blossom festival in Japantown this weekend.|
|Team Mead-Long, aprons on, hard at work in the kitchen.|
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
4 heads of garlic
Course sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Trim the artichokes. Cut off the bottom part of the stem, and about the top 1/4 (which is inedible) of the artichoke.
- You will want to wrap each artichoke in aluminim foil and may want to prepare it over the foil, so you don't lose a lot of the toppings.
- Cover each artichoke in about 1 TBL of EVOO. Make sure to get it between the leaves of the artichoke.
- Peel the garlic and slice each piece in half. Insert the four pieces into the artichoke.
- Cover the artichoke in lemon juice from half a lemon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, wrap in the aluminim foil, and cook for about an hour and fifteen minutes.
Wish we were sitting in your backyard eating dinner with you on one of those precious sunny frisco days. xo.ReplyDelete
Can't wait to try this recipe. I love artichokes but have only steamed them as well.ReplyDelete
It is asparagus season here and so I tried this recipe using asparagus. WOW!!! Yummy.ReplyDelete