|Self-portrait. I'm happy to report all of my aprons still fit.|
Half a loaf of bread (preferably at least one day old and wheat or something hearty)
1/4 cup + 2 TBL EVOO
2 TBL balsamic vinegar
2 pints cherry tomatoes
2 generous handfuls of basil, finely chopped.
1/4 cup crumbled feta or sliced mozzarella (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice the bread into 1 inch cubes and toss with 1/4 cup of olive oil. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and pepper.
- Place bread into a tray and toast in the oven until dry and crunchy, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and chop the cherry tomatoes in half. Add the tomatoes and basil into a large mixing bowl. Incorporate the balsamic vinegar, remaining olive oil, and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together and let sit. Some of the juices from the tomatoes will steep out and make a delicious dressing.
- Once the bread is done, let cool and then add to the salad right before serving. Mix well so the bread is covered with the juices.
- Serve immediately.
|These were baby pictures of (mostly) me and a few of Noah.|
|The drink table|
|Going after the pinata.|
|The captive audience.|