Soup serves 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 medium sized butternut squash ( I cook these whole in a 450 degree oven. Then let them cool, peel the skin off, take out the seeds and toss the squash into the soup. EASY)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple. Any will do but I've used granny smith and honey crisp
- 1 cup chopped peeled pear
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or a bit more if you like
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1.Put oil in soup pot over medium heat and add in onion and celery; sauté for 4 minutes or until tender. stir often and watch carefully so onions do not brown.2. Add in squash and the rest of ingredients except syrup; bring to a boil.
- 3.Partially cover, lower heat, and simmer 30 minutes or celery is tender.
- 4.Use your soup blender or transfer half of squash mixture to a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- 5.Pour puree into a bowl; repeat procedure with the remaining squash mixture.
- 6.Return all puree mixture to soup pot; stir in syrup. If soup seems too thick, add a bit more water or broth. Enjoy!