Clam and Mussel Chowder serves 4
- Saute 1 cup of chopped celery, a large chopped onion and 3 or 4 minced garlic cloves, in olive oil, in a large pot
- Add 1 cup of white wine and 1 cup of chicken stock
- Add 3 lbs. of mussels and 1 or 2 lbs. of Littleneck Clams (that have been soaked and cleaned to rid them of any sand)
- Add a can of drained and rinsed white beans
- Cover and boil until the clams and mussels open up (it took ours between 5 and 10 minuets)
- Stir in a palm full of chopped parsley (we added a cup or so of sliced kale just for the health of it)
The white beans not only add nutrition to the recipe, they make to broth oh so creamy and delicious. Add some crusty bread for dipping and you will have a meal that friends and family will remember.